We are a nonprofit law office. We deliver free legal help to 1) people who live in or near poverty, and 2) seniors. We help when civil (non-criminal) legal problems threaten our clients’ basic living needs, like food-security and income-security, housing, healthcare access, and safety from domestic violence. Here are the areas of law we cover.
Our 21-member Board of Directors, including local attorneys and members of our client communities, governs our organization. Our Administrative Team manages day-to-day activities. Our funding sources include federal, state, and local government grants, philanthropic foundation grants, and vital private donations from individuals, law firms, and businesses.
- represent people in court and administrative hearings, and in other cases that require the full scope of an attorney’s services
- provide brief legal advice and consultation to people
- present community education events, and
- produce materials explaining the law
- facing evictions and foreclosures
- seeking safety from domestic violence
- trying to access benefits that deliver basic income, healthcare, and food security, and
- many others facing civil legal problems that threaten basic needs or personal safety
How can we help you?