During the pandemic, you may come to our offices only if you have an appointment.
Legal Aid of Western Michigan is committed to continuing to provide the highest level of client services possible during this uncertain and unprecedented time. We are working hard to gather accurate and updated information concerning how this health crisis impacts various legal issues. We are continuing to edit and add information as things change, so check back frequently for updates.
Legal Information Related to COVID-19
NOTE: The State of Michigan plans to launch new rental and eviction assistance programs for qualifying tenants who need help. We will provide information on those programs when they are launched.
- Child Support Frequently Asked Questions
- Filing Income Tax Returns
- Mortgage Relief
- Public Benefits Frequently Asked Questions
- Social Security Benefits: we are updating our materials to reflect recent changes. Please see the Social Security Administration’s website, Frequently Asked Questions page, and COVID updates.
- Stimulus Payments
- Stimulus Payment Frequently Asked Questions
- Stimulus Payment by Debit Card
- Student Loans
- Unemployment Frequently Asked Questions
Follow us on social media for additional information:
For additional information about how COVID-19 may affect your legal rights, please visit michiganlegalhelp.org/coronavirus.